Vivid New Music at the Con 2017 is a festival of genre-bending new music produced by the best of the Sydney Conservatorium of Music’s homegrown and...
Vivid New Music at the Con
1 Conservatorium Rd
Vivid New Music at the Con 2017 is a festival of genre-bending new music produced by the best of the Sydney Conservatorium of Music’s homegrown and guest composers, jazz and contemporary musicians over the three weeks of Vivid Sydney 2017.
From classical to Chinese instruments, masses of electric guitars to newly invented digital instruments, Sydney’s iconic music castle will come alive with a vibrant program of performances and installations.
- May 27 – jazz viola da gamba with Elysian Fields
- May 29 – electric strings with Veronique Serret and Michaela Davies
- June 1 – the latest in classical music from the Conservatorium Modern Music Ensemble
- June 2 – new music on traditional instruments with the Conservatorium Chinese Music Ensemble
- June 3 – international environmental sound-arts collective EcoSono
- June 3 – Sydney University Wind Orchestra
- June 4 – over 100 musicians, 26 performances and masterclasses in the Sydney Con International Jazz Festival
- June 10 – an immersive audio-visual experience The Hour by Alon Ilsar
- June 11 – an evening with NZ's songbird Bic Runga
- June 17 – human-computer music-play with Benjamin Carey
Also on the program are Asian-inspired drumming improvisations, artist etchings and extraterrestial messages turned into sound and a stack of creative and original new work from the fresh young talent at the Con.
Nestled at the edge of the new light walk in the Royal Botanic Gardens, drop in to one of Sydney’s best music venues and engage your ears with an eclectic smorgasbord of sounds.