Each year, hundreds of people from diverse backgrounds come together to experience and participate in the Vivid Sydney Volunteer Program. If you’re interested in volunteering with Vivid Sydney, please submit your details using the form below and I Need Helpers will be in touch.
How to get involved?
Applications to volunteer with Vivid Sydney 2022 have now opened. All candidates will need to submit an official Application Form through I Need Helpers to be considered. Click here to submit your volunteer application for Vivid Sydney 2022.
What roles are available?
Volunteers play a visitor facing role with Vivid Sydney. This will include providing directions, recommending event sites / installations and ensuring the public has a safe and enjoyable time.
Eligibility (what do I need to volunteer)?
All applicants must satisfy the minimum criteria set by I Need Helpers to be considered for involvement with Vivid Sydney 2022. A list of these requirements has been included below.
- 18 years of age at the time of event.
- Availability expressed for a minimum of six shifts across the event.
- Comfortable to volunteer for shift times between 5pm-11pm.
- Have a valid email address & mobile phone number.
- Have access to an Internet connection.
- Disclose personal contact information.
- Willing to complete an interview with I Need Helpers’ recruitment team.
Do I need any special skills?
Not at all! We encourage people of all different backgrounds, over the age of 18 to apply. If you have exceptional customer service skills or speak multiple languages, we would love to hear from you.
Benefits of being a volunteer:
Volunteering is a fantastic way to receive a behind-the-scenes insight to a major event of NSW and to build new friendships. Vivid Sydney is very appreciative of all volunteers who contribute their time to make the event one to remember. A few additional benefits include:
- Involvement with an internationally recognised NSW major event.
- University, TAFE & RTO approved certified hours for course placement.
- Access to the I Need Helpers' community (join 19,500+ like-minded volunteers).
- Ability to meet new and reconnect with like-minded individuals whilst volunteering.
- Involvement with one of the most innovative volunteer programs.
- In depth pre-festival and on-shift briefings to ensure you feel comfortable within the role(s) assigned.
- Recipient of a Vivid Sydney volunteer jacket and t-shirt to keep you warm during your assigned shift.
- All volunteers assigned to a shift greater than 5hrs will receive a meal offering.
- Recyclable drink bottle for use at refill stations during shifts.
- Free public transport (bus, train & ferry) to ensure safe travel to and from your shifts.
- Invitation to those who complete multiple shifts to Destination NSW's Vivid Volunteer Awards.
- Certificates of Appreciation to support with future career involvements.
- And more...
COVID Safe volunteering:
I Need Helpers is working closely with NSW Health and other government agencies to deliver a COVID Safe volunteer program for Vivid Sydney 2022. Please be mindful that there are changes to the volunteer program in response to COVID Safe guidelines.
Have more questions?
We’ve once again engaged I Need Helpers, an industry leader in major event volunteer programs, to manage the Vivid Sydney volunteer program and to make sure you receive the most out of your experience. If you have any questions, please contact the friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 8417 1050 (Mon to Fri 10am – 5pm).