About Vivid Sydney
Vivid Sydney is Australia’s largest event and the Southern Hemisphere’s largest festival of Light, Music and Ideas. In 2022 Vivid Sydney returned after a two-year hiatus to cement its position as a leading event in creativity, technology and innovation, welcoming a record-breaking 2.58 million visitors. With an 8-kilometre continuous light walk from Circular Quay to Central station, the 2022 program expanded with new city locations, free music programs and talks, and introduced many technological efficiencies and advancements.
Vivid Sydney is continually setting the benchmark for world-class creativity and innovation. The festival has been recognised by the International Festivals & Events Association (IFEA) and received 15 accolades at the 2019 IFEA Pinnacle Awards, including placing Gold in the Grand Pinnacle Category. Vivid Sydney was also voted Australia’s Best Event in 2013, Best Tourism Event in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and Best Cultural, Arts or Music Event in 2017 and 2019 in the Australian Event Awards. In 2022, Vivid Sydney received a further 14 IFEA Pinnacle Awards, and also won ‘Australia’s Best Event’ at the Australian Event Awards.
Vivid Sydney will once again transform the Harbour City into an illuminating kaleidoscope of colour for 23 nights from 26 May to 17 June 2023. The 2023 program will boast a mesmerising free public exhibition of outdoor lighting sculptures and 3D projections, cutting-edge contemporary music events, innovative creative industry forums and talks at Vivid Ideas, and a major new addition for 2023 - ‘Vivid Food’ a dedicated food program.
Vivid Sydney is owned, managed and produced by Destination NSW, the NSW Government’s tourism and major events agency.
Vivid Sydney 2022 By Numbers
- Attracted a record 2.58 million attendees (7.5% increase on 2019)
- 198 Light Artists and Collaborators created 50 Vivid Light installations
- 182 Vivid Music performances held across 27 venues, including Vivid Live at Sydney Opera House and Carriageworks
- 67 Vivid Ideas events, with 106 sessions, at 25 venues
- 2.7 million+ visits to vividsydney.com
- 21,000 broadcast, print and online media clippings featured Vivid Sydney
- 352.92 million people were reached with content via #vividsydney
- Vivid Sydney social channels reached over 81.6 million people
- 49.9 million video views with 411,000 Live Stream views on Facebook and TikTok
- 425,531 leads generated to industry and event partners from vividsydney.com
Vivid Sydney Partnership Highlights 2022
See how our Vivid Sydney Partners were involved in the 2022 festival.
Hear from some of our Vivid Sydney Partners on their 2022 festival experience
A partnership with Vivid Sydney delivers exceptional marketing impact, including the opportunity to put your brand in front of millions of consumers, in the lead up, during and after the festival, as well as the potential to reach millions more online. Vivid Sydney works in collaboration with partners to create tailored opportunities that support a diverse range of business objectives and provides a platform for globally recognised brands to showcase their innovation, creativity and technology to mass and highly engaged audiences. Vivid Sydney partners with organisations that share our brand values, to create a community of partners at the forefront of the new, the next and the unexpected.
Opportunities for Partners in 2024 may include:
- Brand alignment and association with Australia’s largest event.
- On-site brand activations and experiential activities.
- Sponsorship of artist installations, events and programs.
- Presenting opportunities across Vivid Ideas, Vivid Music and Vivid Food programs.
- Brand integration and marketing opportunities across Vivid Sydney marketing channels allowing your brand to reach mass audiences.
- Tailored staff engagement opportunities.
- Corporate social responsibility programs
To receive more information on Vivid Sydney 2024 Partnership opportunities, please complete the form below and our Commercial Partnerships Manager will contact you.