Why we need to foster startups in the media, entertainment, games and creative industries.Four speakers provide a complimentary and varied perspective...
Ready, Tech, Go!
Museum of Contemporary Art
Why we need to foster startups in the media, entertainment, games and creative industries.
Four speakers provide a complimentary and varied perspective on how technology is impacting and shaping the Australian media, entertainment and creative industries. Combined, they represent three different generations and decades of experience as practitioners, business founders, entrepreneurs and creatives.
This event explores the topics including:
- Tech startups and the global opportunities they bring
- How different technology platforms can be used to test characters and stories
- Design thinking and lean canvas and bringing these into creative practice and content production process
- The need to conceive content in terms of a total brand across multiple platforms
- The power of brand and how its used by the different Australian Arts organizations
- Madman's SVOD anime channel
Audience engagement is an integral part of this event, with Q&A opportunities throughout and Q&A and panel discussion at the end.
Doors open 15 minutes before scheduled start time. Networking opportunities after event (location TBC).
- Introduction, Q&A moderator: Chantal Abouchar - Founder and CEO, The Studio
Introduction and a brief overview of media, entertainment and creative tech startups globally, the opportunities and how technology is shaping and changing the Australian media and entertainment industry.
- Paul Wiegard - Founder and Managing Director, Madman Entertainment
Provides a global perspective on VOD, SVOD, the opportunities and Madman's anime channel.
- Chloe Rickard - Partner/Head of Production, Jungle. EP, Bondi Hipsters and Soul Mates
How different technology platforms can be used to test characters and stories, drawing on her own experience with Bondi Hipsters. Applying startup concepts, such as lean canvas and design thinking to the content production process; the need to conceive content in terms of a total brand across multiple platforms.
- Peter Drinkwater -Founder and CEO, the House of Brand
The power of brand and how its used by different Australian arts organizations. Peter presents a semiotic analysis of communication codes to help arts/creative brands engage audiences in a new and novel way.
- Q&A and panel discussion with all speakers.
*Booking and transaction fees may apply