Join experiential sensing labs at the MCA, Botanic Gardens and iconic architectural spaces that will change your perceptions to amplify your creativity...
The Art of Deep Looking – Cultivating Creativity
1 Martin Pl
Access and Inclusion
Join experiential sensing labs at the MCA, Botanic Gardens and iconic architectural spaces that will change your perceptions to amplify your creativity and imagination. In a world that always pushes the accelerator, this program gives you the power to pause and offers new insights and ways of seeing.
Each lab engages with either art, nature or architecture by drawing on centuries old wisdom and sharing new techniques in contemplative and mindful exploration. Learn to apply present-moment awareness to increase the depth and intimacy of your sensory experience.
Choose any mix of the following labs (Please note: each session has a maximum of 30 participants):
• NATURE: Explore the senses to intensify your connection to nature while nurturing body and soul.
Friday 10 June, 12.30pm – Royal Botanic Garden Sydney (90 min) BOOK NOW
• ARCHITECTURE: Build spatial awareness and deepen your appreciation of the artistry of the built environment.
Saturday 11 June, 6pm – Frank Gehry’s UTS project, Dr Chau Chak Wing Building (90 min) BOOK NOW
• ART: Develop creative mindfulness through drawing nature with renowned designer artist Julie Paterson.
Saturday 11 June, 11am - Royal Botanic Garden Sydney (2hrs) BOOK NOW
Saturday 18 June, 11am – Royal Botanic Garden Sydney (2hrs) BOOK NOW
• ART: Discover the wondrous ‘nonverbal language’ that exists between a work of art and the viewer.
Wednesday 15 June, 9am – Museum of Contemporary Art (90 min) BOOK NOW
Online Bonus Content
All participants will have access to:
• an online session to introduce the key techniques (with details will be forwarded upon registration).
• an optional Introducing Mindfulness virtual session for those new to – or with limited experience in – contemplative practices.
• and an exclusive podcast series with artists, neuroscientists and mindfulness teachers to complement the labs.