Technology can transport people through time and place; inspiring people to visit destinations and enriching their experience of cultural attractions. Digital...
Digital Strategies For Cultural Tourism
Museum of Contemporary Art
Technology can transport people through time and place; inspiring people to visit destinations and enriching their experience of cultural attractions. Digital strategies improve visitor experiences and are now more accessible than ever before with costs of entry reduced and a receptive audience of tech savvy visitors.
This forum covers:
- Stimulating the Visitor Economy through promoting cultural experiences including: festivals, events, museums, galleries, Aboriginal culture, heritage and public art trails. The ‘History and Heritage’ market has been identified by Tourism Australia as a strong area of appeal for the international market.
- Showcasing types of technologies that are transforming how we engage with visitors, including:
- Audio guides and trails
- Virtual reality and 360 video (now adopted as a strategy by Tourism Australia)
- Getting value out of providing free wifi
- Outlining tangible steps to develop a digital strategy for cultural tourism and regions.
Bonus for attendees:
- Receive an additional training session where you will create audio guides to engage your visitors
- Receive a virtual reality headset to keep!
Make a day of it:
This forum is presented by Strategic Artistry, which is presenting a forum on Connecting Creatives, Councils and Communities in the session prior. Make a day of it, as these sessions are designed to complement each other.
Strategic Artistry are specialists in Cultural Tourism, Digital Strategists, arts and culture and Local Government. Strategic Artistry also manages izi.TRAVEL across Australia and New Zealand, a free audio guides platform for galleries, museums, heritage / public art trails and cultural tourism.
This will be the fourth year that Chloe Beevers, the founder of Strategic Artistry, has produced events in the Vivid Ideas program, including forums about ‘Creative Industries and Cultural Tourism’ at Vivid in 2013 & 2014.
The ticket package includes a Virtual Reality headset to keep and an additional training session where you will create audio guides to engage your visitors.
This event is presented by Strategic Artistry.
* Booking and transaction fees may apply.