What is this event about?In response to alarming rises in health care costs and a rapidly ageing population, ide Group joins Australia’s push to...
Building Better Futures for Health: A Product Design Challenge
Museum of Contemporary Art
What is this event about?
In response to alarming rises in health care costs and a rapidly ageing population, ide Group joins Australia’s push to find and invest in fresh, new ideas. Similar to a product idea pitching competition, but unlike anything you have ever seen before.
Why should I attend this event?
- Join us at this event and be the first to witness a stunning new breed of health innovations bubbling to the surface in Australia’s very own back yard.
- Experience a lively tournament atmosphere as Australia’s best and brightest battle it out for the chance to win $25,000 worth of product design and development support from ide Group to build their idea into a commercially viable reality.
- Enjoy a rare networking opportunity with Medtech professionals, investors, product developers, designers and innovators interested in making a difference to people’s health.
- Feel inspired and gather insight from a judging panel of Medtech industry leaders and world renowned inventor, author and entrepreneur, Mark Pesce.
- All ticket proceeds will be donated to Sight For All.
Special Guest Speaker & MC
Mark Pesce, inventor, writer, entrepreneur, educator and broadcaster.
Official Judging Panel
Anne O’Neill is the Associate Director for the NSW Office for Health and Medical Research, Ministry of Health and is also Member of the Institute of Public Administration Australia (NSW) Women's Leadership Network Committee.
Mick Brooks is the R&D Manager for Imaxeon Pty Ltd, a medical device manufacturer based in Sydney and a wholly owned subsidiary of Bayer Inc.
Dr George Margelis is the Health and Life Sciences Lead for Intel, Australia and New Zealand.
John Kelly is CEO of Atomo Diagnostics and has worked in medical device product commercialisation for more than 15 years, focusing on the delivery of solutions that improve usability and reliability.
Dr Alan Taylor is the Executive Chairman for Clarity Pharmaceuticals, a company focused on developing radiopharmaceuticals for the treatment of cancer and other diseases.
Dr Tal Rapke has spent the last seven years at Sanofi, a diversified French multinational healthcare company.
Richard Sokolov is Co-founder and Product Development Director of ide Group.
This event is presented by ide Group.
*Booking and transaction fees may apply