REMIX Global Summits brings together hundreds of pioneers from different industries to explore the intersection of culture, technology and entrepreneurship...
REMIX Sydney 2016 Summit: Culture, Technology, Entrepreneurship
Sydney Town Hall
REMIX Global Summits brings together hundreds of pioneers from different industries to explore the intersection of culture, technology and entrepreneurship, to tackle the big ideas shaping the future of culture, creative cities and the creative economy.
Our sold-out summits in NYC, Los Angeles, Dubai, London and Sydney are attended by leading global cultural institutions, creative businesses, startups, policy makers and media.
Nearly 2,000 creative leaders from around the globe attended REMIX Sydney over two-days in 2015. This was double the attendees of our 2014 event making it the biggest ever REMIX Summit to date globally. REMIX Sydney returns for 2016 and it will be event bigger and better.
Want to know what all the fuss is about? View the 2015 REMIX Sydney short film.
REMIX Sydney is our regional summit for Asia Pacific with 75+ speakers to inspire you. The social programme of REMIX is also a huge part of the summit. Once again curated by Time Out, it includes the official delegates parties at QT Sydney and the Australian Museum (Summit Passes include access to receptions).
REMIX Sydney is supported by partners including Google, Bloomberg, Destination NSW, City of Sydney, Arts NSW, Creative Partnerships Australia, UNSW Arts & Design, ABC RN, Time Out & The Guardian
100+ speakers including:
- Fabien Riggall, Founder, Secret Cinema (UK)
- Gillian Ferrabee, Director, Creative Lab, Cirque du Soleil
- Damian Totman, Global Creative Director, Bloomberg, New York
- Chris Michaels, Head of Digital & Publishing, British Museum
- Leslie Koch, President & CEO, Governors Island (New York)
- Steph Tully, Executive Manager Group Brand and Marketing & Chief Marketing Officer, Qantas
- Fran Sanderson, Investment Manager - Arts Impact Fund, Nesta (UK Innovation Agency)
- Chris Janz, CEO, Huffington Post (Australia)
- Ann Bray, Interim CEO, Office of Innovation and Science Australia (ISA)
- Dr Jeffrey T.K.V. Koh, Assistant Director & Lead UX Strategist, National Gallery Singapore
- Jay Morgan, Group Digital Creative Director, J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (JWT)
- Claire Spencer, Chief Executive Officer, Arts Centre Melbourne
- Nicola Harvey, Managing Editor, Buzzfeed
- Sam McDonough, Country Manager, Airbnb
- Kate Torney, CEO, State Library Victoria
- Ben Liebmann, Noma
- Ben Barraud, Head of Design, Museum of New Zealand TE PAPA Tongarewa
- Lindsay Miller, CEO, Dubai Design District (d3)
- Seb Chan, Chief Experience Officer, Australian Centre for the Moving Image
- Rennie Addabbo, Country Director, Sonos
- Nick Reynolds, Chief Marketing Officer - Asia Pacific, Lenovo
- Caroline Morgan, Head of Insight and Innovation, Samsung
- Grant Baxter, Head of Brand Strategy, Twitter
- Alicia Darvall, Executive Director, B Lab, B Corp
- Sam Mostyn, Chair, Carriageworks, Chair, Citigrou
p, Board Member, Virgin Australia and Australia Council for the Arts
- Karen Skinner, Country Director, Change.org
- Justin Dry, Joint CEO & Co-Founder, Vinomofo
- Aaron Michie, Director, Guardian Labs
- James Tutton, Serial entrepreneur & Co-Founder, Moonlight Cinema
Secret Cinema founder Fabien Riggall is the latest addition to REMIX Sydney, joining 100 other leading creative pioneers onstage. Secret Cinema is one of the most talked-about global cultural phenomenons, reshaping the way we experience movies. By creating hyper-realistic immersive experiences around films such as Blade Runner, 28 Days Later and Prometheus, fans have been able to physically experience the universe of these films for the first time.
Get insights from leading brands such as Noma and BBC Worldwide. Discover the story of Governors Island in Manhattan, New York's coolest new creative space, talked about with the same excitement as the High Line Park.
Plus, learn about other emerging global creative locations such as the Dubai Design District as well as those in Australia such as ACMI X, a new co-working space for the Creative Industries at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image.
This event is presented by Remix Global Summits.
*Booking and transaction fees may apply