Imagine a world devoid of the influence and input of the creative industries. Now imagine a world where the input of the creative industries is only equal...
What's Your Worth Series 2 - Creative Industries Lights Out!!
Level 6 Terrace Entrance (Circular Quay West Side)
Imagine a world devoid of the influence and input of the creative industries. Now imagine a world where the input of the creative industries is only equal to the received economic reward for service. Often that’s nothing. Or a case of beer given to a band for performing on a Saturday night.
Join us for the launch of the #CreativityEquals movement. By highlighting what the creative industries IS, we will define what the world would look like if 'it' were NOT.
Imagine. No logos. No labels. No branding. No music. No websites. No social media. No architecture, fashion, colour, magazines, books, advertising, software, movies...
During this session, our presenters will:
• paint a picture of their worlds devoid of the influence of the creative industries
• lead participants through a design thinking workshop to strategise and create an experience demonstrating those 'devoid' worlds
• create an action plan and working committee to produce the lights out happenings
• realise the contributions ‘creatives’ make to innovation and problem-solving in the workplace and beyond
Meet the experts:
- Christina Gerakiteys - Founder of UtopiaX
- Jo Pretyman - Product Director of Tricky Jigsaw
- Brian Daly - Founder and Creative Director of The Proverbials
- Monica Davidson - Founder of Creative Business Plus
- Christopher Saunders - General Manager of Renew Newcastle
- Kate Richards - Academic Course Advisor for the Master of Creative Industries at Western Sydney University