A $90 billion industry where many don’t make minimum wage, what’s wrong with this picture? During this discussion and workshop you will:Become...
What's Your Worth - Income vs Exposure and the Billion Dollar Contribution of Creative Industries
Level 6 Terrace Entrance
A $90 billion industry where many don’t make minimum wage, what’s wrong with this picture?
During this discussion and workshop you will:
- Become aware of the financial contributions of the creative industries to the economy and what the return is back to the creatives.
- Learn how to calculate your worth and give you the tools to forecast the income you deserve.
- Work out what you need to earn to live a comfortable life.
- Strategise and create ways to start the change in the way creatives are perceived.
- Participate and become a founding contributor to create change.
- Realise the contributions creatives are now making to innovation and problem solving in the workplace and beyond.
The creative sector contributes around $90.19 billion to the national economy annually in turnover. It adds almost $45.89 billion in GDP and helps generate exports of $3.2 billion dollars annually. Over and above this contribution, the creative industries in Australia employ many volunteers, whose contribution is not included within these estimates, as exact figures relating to the number of volunteers and hours they commit is unavailable.
Source - Valuing Australia's Creative Industries 2013
Creatives are an industry unto themselves. Creatives are also influential in every other industry...every day. Creatives design, create and promote. Something needs to change to even up the income field. That change starts here.
Our expert panelists include Monica Davidson, Phillip McIntyre, Brian Daly, Sarah Roocroft and Ben Cooper, and our host is Christina Gerakiteys (Ideation At Work). Together they have over 100 years of combined experience in the creative industries as practitioners and thought leaders. They will discuss their views and experiences in the creative industries and then the floor will be open to workshopping a plan of action!
Ideation, disruption and action start here.
Join us and be a part of the change.
A huge thank you to our sponsors, The University of Newcastle and The Wonder Tribe.