So many people in organisations crave to work in a culture that supports innovation, creative thinking and creative expression. They are the people who...
How to Champion Innovation in Your Team and the Workplace
Level 6 Terrace Entrance
So many people in organisations crave to work in a culture that supports innovation, creative thinking and creative expression. They are the people who believe in a higher purpose and see the possibilities for innovation. These are the people who haven’t been jaded by rules, their assumptions, red tape and bureaucracy.
Many people have the desire to make a change but don't know where to start. They can be leaders, managers or junior staff. They also think that you have to work at a Facebook or Google to experience a culture where ideas and innovation can thrive.
This talk is for those people, the people who want to champion innovation and creativity in their workplace.
In this highly interactive keynote, the audience will be given practical tools and techniques they can implement within their teams and workplaces.
They will fill out a Culture of Creativity Quotient that will highlight the biggest opportunities for change in their workplace. The audience will hear anecdotes and stories of individuals who have made significant changes to their creative cultures and how they did it.
This session will cover the following
- What is the mindset of a creative champion and how an individual can make a huge positive impact on the culture
- How to have confidence in your own creative ability and break down myths about where and who creativity comes from in an organisation
- Anecdotes and stories of people and companies who have transformed their creative cultures. These stories come from a variety of organisations such as Nike, Caltex, Foxtel, AMP, The United Nations and Johnson and Johnson
- Learn specific tools and techniques to generate creative and disruptive ideas — these are practical techniques that you can implement when back in the office
- Many examples of weekly rituals that successful companies use to inspire and nurture creativity and how to sell these ideas internally
- Reconnect professional adults with their creativity by 'nurturing the neoteny' — the childlike quality crucial for creativity
- How to champion cross-pollination of ideas coming from all departments
- Identify the biggest hurdles to innovation and how to overcome them
- Three action steps to achieve when you get back to the office