Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums (GLAM) have always been a place of wonder, discovery, knowledge and memories. With new technologies now available...
Beyond the Physical: Reimagining Digital Experiences in Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums
The State Library of NSW
Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums (GLAM) have always been a place of wonder, discovery, knowledge and memories. With new technologies now available, and the realm of digital information, the wonder only expands: space barriers are broken down and artefacts can be experienced and explored remotely. This panel will illustrate these ideas through demonstrations:
- Experiencing new depth in Pacific Art through 3D digital exchange
- Capturing people’s personal experiences in social media discourse
- Bringing the museum space to distant audiences through immersive video and robots
- Taking a deep digital dive into the range of artefacts museums hold but rarely display
- Finding the diversity of Australian life made available through digitisation
- Learning core science lessons immersed in a real to life 3D digital world.
In this panel, you will hear from specialists working in GLAM institutions and technologists including:
- 3P Learning
- Atlas of Living Australia
- Australian National Maritime Museum
- National Gallery of Australia
- National Museum of Australia
- State Library of New South Wales
They will demonstrate cutting-edge tools, presenting some of the novel experiences that can now be provided to the public. They will also touch upon the new ways institutions have of engaging with the public at large.
Come to discuss and find out about the leading edge digital GLAM experiences. This event is ideal for:
- GLAM enthusiasts
- Those wanting to bring digital GLAM content to life
- Anyone who wants to interact with a distant GLAM institution
This event is presented by Data 61 | CSIRO
*Booking and transaction fees may apply