Vivid Sydney 2013
public transport & access
Public transport is the best way to travel to Vivid Sydney events
- By Train
All Vivid Sydney precincts are within walking distance of Sydney CBD and North Sydney train stations - Circular Quay, Wynyard, Town Hall, Martin Place and Milsons Point.
- By Bus
Sydney has an extensive network of public buses. Metrobus services provide direct cross-city and cross-harbour links to a wide range of locations in and around Sydney.
- By Ferry
Harbour City Ferries will be operating additional services will be on the DARLING HARBOUR LOOP and the RIVER (Sydney Olympic Park to Darling Harbour) on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. For timetable details visit www.sydneyferries.info
Vivid Sydney Harbour Shuttle (Free) loops between Ives Steps Wharf (Walsh Bay) to Jeffrey Street Wharf (Kirribilli) to Pyrmont Bay Wharf (Pyrmont) and Towns Place Wharf (Walsh Bay). The ferry loop operates from 6pm each night during Vivid Sydney with final services ending close to midnight. The regular service departs from each wharf every 40 minutes with increased services between 8pm and 10pm. First ferry departs from Ives Steps Wharf at 6pm.
- By Foot
Circular Quay, Sydney Opera House, The Rocks, Walsh Bay and Darling Harbour are an easy stroll from the city centre.
- By Car
Wilson Parking is offering convenient parking and great deals for the Vivid Festival! For great parking discounts pre-book your parking online with Wilson Parking’s Book A Bay. Follow the link to find out more about the best parking options for Vivid!
- For transport timetables, maps and trip planning, visit 131500.com.au, download the Transport Info app or call 131500
- For the latest traffic information, visit livetraffic.com, call 132 701 or download Live Traffic NSW for iPhone® from the App StoreSM
- An information booth is located at Customs House, on Alfred Street at Circular Quay. Nearby, a LED pillar displays maps and artwork details.
- You can also download the 702 ABC Sydney Vivid Lights On podcast to guide you through the night abc.net.au/sydney/vivid
- For accessibility maps visit the venue and precinct websites.