Dr Gernot Tscherteu
Director, Media Architecture Institute Europe
Born 1965. Master in political science at University of Vienna. Doctor thesis, supervised by Helga Nowotny and Ulrike Felt, about the impact of digital media on the production and communication of knowledge.
Since 1991 media and interaction designer. Projects for Austrian Academy of Sciences, University of Applied Arts, EDVG, Sysis, Museumsquarter Vienna, ZKM Karlsruhe.
Main research focus on: collaborative Media, Web 2.0, interaction design, network visualisations, responsive media, media facades, media architectures, media in urban space.
- mememapper.com – a web service for tracking information diffusion in electronic media. (under development).
- Mediaarchitecture.org – web magazine.
- Co – organizer of Media Architecture Conference 2007 in London.
- Co – organizer of Media Facades Festival 2008 in Berlin.
- Lead partner of mediafacade.net, a research consortium of Austrian companies and research institutions that aims at the development of standardized building integrated media facades.
- Co- founder of planhaus.at, office for architecture and design.
- Co- founder of parq.at, platform for user participation in co-housing projects.
- Developer and project partner of wohnportal-berlin.de, an archive of co-housing projects in Berlin.
Outstanding examples of media architecture; creative ways of changing public space through light and technology; new directions for smart cities - this...
Join us for a cruise through the beautiful, lit-up harbour of Sydney on the iconic Starship Sydney. This is a unique opportunity to experience the Vivid...
DIGITAL PUBLICS SYMPOSIUMURBAN SCREENS AS A PLATFORM FOR DIGITAL PLACEMAKINGThe third Digital Publics Symposium is to be presented as part of the Media...