Breaking News: Vivid Sydney has been rescheduled to 17 September to 9 October 2021.
We know everyone wants to see Sydney shining brightly so, in the interest of public health and safety, we are moving Vivid Sydney to a later date. It will take a little time to work through all the details – thank you for your patience while we recharge and power up for a spectacular COVID-safe celebration of creativity and innovation this Spring.
Keep an eye on the Vivid Sydney social media channels or MyVivid emails for more information.
Hope to see you in Sydney soon!
Updated 14th July 2021
Why is the NSW Government rescheduling Vivid Sydney 2021?
The NSW Government made this decision to reschedule Vivid Sydney to 17 September to 9 October 2021 in the interest of community health and safety.
Will the current COVID-19 outbreak be under control by the rescheduled dates?
The COVID-19 situation is evolving. Destination NSW will continue liaising with authorities including NSW Health about the safe delivery of the event in September and October, and Vivid Sydney 2021 will proceed if it is safe to do so.
Will attendees get a refund on travel expenses?
There are lots of experiences and sights to enjoy in Sydney and NSW year-round - for inspiration go to Sydney.com and VisitNSW.com. Visitors looking to postpone or cancel their trip should contact their travel provider directly.
Will ticketholders get a refund for Vivid Ideas/Vivid Music events?
Full details of the revised Vivid Sydney 2021 program will be available in coming weeks as venues and event owners finalise logistics.
Ticketholders will be able to transfer their ticket to the new event date, or request a refund via the relevant ticketing provider.
When will we know what events are going ahead as part of Vivid Sydney 2021?
It will take a little time to work through all of the details – thank you for your patience while we recharge and power up for a spectacular COVID-safe celebration of creativity and innovation this Spring.
Will Vivid Sydney be COVID-safe?
Vivid Sydney is working with key stakeholders, including NSW Health, to deliver a COVID-safe event in line with the Public Health Orders and NSW Health advice at the time.
Each event in the Vivid Sydney program and the Vivid Light Walk will have a COVID-safe plan. In the case of the Vivid Light Walk, this will be developed in consultation with NSW Health.
COVID-safety measures on the Vivid Light Walk will include:
- Over 50 Service NSW check-in QR codes across the footprint of the Light Walk in Circular Quay, Darling Harbour and Barangaroo. These will be printed and displayed in key vantage points at a large size, allowing for scanning at distance (up to 20m)
- Some sections of the Light Walk will be managed through one-way pedestrian flow to keep pedestrians moving and reduce potential congestion
- COVID marshals throughout the Light Walk to assist visitors
- World-class technology to inform real-time pedestrian management on the footprint – visitors are asked to observe instructions from marshals and volunteers, and pay attention to the variable message signs, which will be regularly updated to maintain a COVID-safe capacity on the Light Walk
- Hand sanitation stations throughout the Light Walk
- Touchless digital information kiosks positioned throughout the Light Walk will assist visitors with Service NSW check-ins, an interactive Light Walk map, an accessibility map and other key festival information
- Immersive and interactive installations through non-touch controls such as voice and movement. Volunteers at interactive installations will guide visitors through the experience
- Frequently cleaning and sanitising facilities throughout the Light Walk.
Will masks be mandatory at Vivid Sydney?
All visitors to Vivid Sydney must follow the relevant Public Health Order at the time of the event, and requirements may vary between indoor events and outdoor activities including the Vivid Light Walk.
For the latest NSW Health advice and requirements under the Public Health Order, please visit NSW.gov.au/COVID-19.
Please observe specific venue requirements when attending Vivid Sydney events.
Still need help? If you can't find the answer to your questions please email the Vivid Sydney Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your patience during this busy time and will do our best to get back to you soon!